Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BP15_2009113_Peer Response to Sheryl Floyd


Sheryl Said: Journalism is my content and I know quite a bit about it--except for design. Those of you who have read my discussions and posts know that my intelligences are weak in the area of creativity and art. (I dread the music class we have to take!) Thus, I am always borrowing ideas and searching for inspiration for my students to use in our publications--whether those designs are to be used in newspaper, yearbook or online.

Here is a cool site for anything that could be an inspiration for design. Just looking at the pretty boxes is good enough eye-candy for me. But each square is a link to the website that has good design--many are designers, some are just fun links that have good design like fatburgr.com which gives you fat content of many of your favorite restaurants. Yes, it’s easy to get sidetracked on one of these links!

Each link is also rated with number of views on that site through the inspiremix link. I like also how the site divides designs into typography, Wordpress site, flash, website and logos. The website says it is for daily inspiration. The simplicity of the website is nice but the only interaction one would have with this site is to receive a daily e-mail, rate the designs and to suggest a design site. A design blog or justification or advice about the designs would be nice. There also isn’t any info about the developer.

Finally, I am sure several of the sites would not be appropriate or viewable at school. But it sure is pretty and it sure gets your visual juices going!

Carrie Kleber said...
Sheryl,
This site looks like it would inspire creative juices. I am not great at art or creativity, but I want to encourage my students to be creative on certain assignments. I have always found it helpful to look at examples of creativity or well designed material before I get started, so why should it be any different for my students. I think this site will be a great example for me to show my students to get them thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment